Schüco Window System AWS 90 XR
Blast resistance combined with all the advantages of standard Schüco window systems
The blast-resistant Schüco AWS 90 XR (Explosion-Resistant) window system, which has been arena air-blast tested in accordance with ISO 16933, combines high security with modern architecture.
The aluminium window construction, which can withstand a shock wave of 169 kPa generated by an explosion 19 m from the unit (hazard level E “low hazard”), is suitable for an extremely wide range of applications, including military requirements as well as high-security areas such as petrochemical plants, banks and embassies.
The blast-resistant design meets all the requirements of standard windows with regard to thermal insulation, sound reduction and weathertightness for example and is visually indistinguishable from standard Schüco windows.
A further benefit of the system is the wide range of installation positions: fixed wall units can be constructed, as can combinations with blast-resistant Schüco façade systems.
For security reasons, fabricators require special approval to construct this window system.
- Based on: standard Schüco AWS 90.SI+ window system
- Concealed fittings can be used
- System approval in accordance with EN 14351-1 available as a summary of the relevant system properties
- For security reasons, fabricators require special approval to construct this system.
Many benefits as a registered user:
- Work material (e.g. tender specifications, CAD data, catalogues)
- Software & Tools
- Note content
- Direct contact to Schüco