Highly thermally insulated dynamic unitised façade with a high degree of design freedom
The highly thermally insulated Schüco AF UDC 80.SI (Aluminium Façade Unitized Dynamic Construction Super Insulated) is part of the Schüco AF UDC 80 system platform for aluminium unitised façades. With its scalable and tested assemblies, the dynamic system offers architects, specifiers and fabricators ease in constructing building projects with unitised constructions and a wide range of use and design options based on efficient planning and fabrication.
The flexibility with maximum system reliability facilitates optimum use even for adapted, project-specific unitised façade constructions with the highest requirements in terms of thermal insulation.
Another benefit is the large degree of design freedom. The product portfolio of the system comprises various design options with a framed appearance. The continuous profile face width of 80 mm allows for maximum façade transparency.
Cover caps are available as design options; these enable a visually reduced sightline – with the same high load-bearing structure. This means that large-format unit dimensions with high unit weights are possible.
Opaque areas of the unit can be designed with a variety of different materials, such as metal sheets, printed glass and natural stone: it can be flush-fitted or integrated cantilevered in the façade unit to create deep offsets using system attachment components.
In combination with the concealed Schüco AB ZDS textile sun shading that is stable in windy conditions, cooling loads can be reduced in the building while achieving attractive façade architecture thanks to profile-integrated guide tracks.
- Unitised façade system with the highest thermal insulation thanks to the possibility of using a wide range of glass thicknesses and isolator technologies
- A diverse range of options and a large selection of tested system components allow for maximum transparency and design flexibility, even for project-related unitised façade constructions, e.g. via opaque units and a transparent spandrel safety barrier
- Attractive lines on the building can be created by arranging units that are flexibly offset horizontally and through the angled sash bar profiles in the unit
- Elegant framed look by means of a stable, mitred profile system, with the option of a visually reduced face width of 65 mm without structural restrictions in the load-bearing structure
- Horizontal butt joints, with the option of different expansion compensation in the gasket system