What I want is to put my university knowledge into practice.
Choose a powerful employer in the East Westphalia-Lippe region
Benefit from our wealth of experience and become a member of the international Schüco community. As one of the leading provider of windows, doors and façades, you can learn from the best at Schüco. Our internal starter programs give you the best possible start to your career at Schüco.
What we offer
You want to combine theory and practical training and take the first step towards a career? Schüco offers students the opportunity to acquire comprehensive, practical knowledge as part of an internship or to gain an insight into working at Schüco as a working student. We are also happy to oversee studies, projects or thesis work.
We are delighted that many of our former student apprentices or working students have later launched their career at Schüco.
Fairness is important to us, which is why we participate in the "Fair Company" initiative of the Handelsblatt newspaper and follow the five rules below:
- Do not deploy interns, voluntary workers, student employees or long-term temporary workers in full-time posts
- Do not propose internships as alternatives to graduates seeking permanent employment
- Do not lure students with vague promises of subsequent full-time work
- Offer internships primarily as a means of vocational guidance for people still in education
- Paystudents a fair wage
The entry level opportunities
Internships, working students and thesis work
Internships, working while studying and thesis work provide you with the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to familiarise yourself with possible entry level positions and areas of work:
- Internships generally consist of 2 to 6-month full-time placements in a specific department.
- working students can help with day-to-day business or project work a maximum of 20 hours per week during term time. Working while studying often lasts several semesters.
- At Schüco, thesis work will often follow an internship or working while studying. However, you are also more than welcome to apply to complete thesis work without any Schüco experience.
The diagram gives you an overview of the application process for internships, working students or thesis work. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.