Job Title: Material Controller
Department: Supply Chain
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Location: Milton Keynes
The purpose of the role is to co-ordinate the forecasting, planning and procuring of materials for Schueco UK, including special projects. You will ensure the availability of goods and materials throughout the supply chain by overseeing stock management, product flow and logistics.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Forecast the right volumes of materials inbound to the business from supply chain partners and plan stock levels to maximise service to customers and minimise waste and lead-times
- Expedite materials throughout the Supply Chain and up to delivery to the UK warehouse
- Procure core materials from UK suppliers
- Maintain optimal stock levels
- Plan stocks for special projects
- Conduct a stock reconciliation process
- Maintain Intrastat data
- Develop and maintain strong relationships, both internally and externally, to mitigate risks and issues and ensure supply of materials meets requirements
- Support the streamlining of processes and creating standard operating procedures
- Coordinate vendor performance, to ensure on-time & in-full service completion
- Supply chain/ planning experience
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Confidence in liaising with suppliers and customers
- Ability to communicate and interact across all levels of the organisation
- Advanced in using all elements of Microsoft Office
- Motivated, proactive and well-organised individual, who is able to work on own initiative and manage time effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- SAP knowledge and experience
- Ability to communicate in German advantageous
- Lives within daily commuting distance of Milton Keynes
- Right to work in the UK
- Ability to travel within the UK and/or other Schüco offices if the need arises.
This is a full time, permanent position. If you would like a full job description or to apply with your CV and covering letter, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The health of our applicants, employees, customers and partners is our top priority. For this reason, we are currently taking additional precautions as per below and also offer video interviews instead of personal interviews for some positions. Stay safe!
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
- Initial interview via telephone or WebEx
Are you interested in one of our current vacancies or would you like more information?
Applications should be made in writing, along with a current CV and salary expectations to: