Block window with maximum thermal insulation and concealed vent for sophisticated designs
Optimised thermal insulation combined with the benefits of an aluminium window construction in a slimline design without visible vent contours – Schüco AWS 90 BS.SI+ (Block System Super Insulation) meets the highest architectural requirements with the greatest possible transparency.
The block window system is part of the Schüco AWS modular system for the 90 mm basic depth and features optimised characteristics in terms of function, energy efficiency and design.
Thanks to the high level of system flexibility, sophisticated design solutions are possible for a wide range of architectural requirements in the building envelope: as a punched opening, ribbon window or insert unit in Schüco façade systems as well as a "floating window".
The wide range of opening types includes designs as side-hung and turn/tilt vents as well as bottom-hung toplights.
Another benefit of the block window series is the wide range of profiles for the system, including corner mullions, structural mullions, symmetrical and asymmetrical mullions, vent glazing bars and insert outer frames as well as TipTronic vent profiles. They enable the use of the Schüco TipTronic SimplySmart generation of electrical fittings, a fully integrated drive for numerous opening types.
The block window system thereby sets standards in terms of planning and design flexibility for the construction of energy-efficient, stylish building envelopes.
- Maximum thermal insulation up to passive house level
- The face widths of the vent and fixed glazing can be identical from the outside – without visible glazing beads
- Comprehensive range of profiles with mullion profiles, double vents and vent glazing bars
- Combination with the concealed Schüco AvanTec SimplySmart system fitting allows for large vent weights and an opening angle of 180°
- Optional: use of the vent profiles for the Schüco TipTronic SimplySmart generation of fittings
- Insert outer frame with adapter gasket to compensate for different glazing thicknesses, for integration in Schüco mullion/transom façades