History Schüco Technology Center
Milestones 1967 - 1973
- The Testing department is set up.
- Test report No. 1 detailing a window test signals the beginning of systematic documentation of test results.
- A new site behind the old fittings hall (today the main administration centre) is purchased.
- Move to the building that is now the test centre, which back then was used as a profile warehouse. The offices were still located in an apartment block in Karolinenstraße.
Milestones 1980 - 2000
1980 - 1994
- 1994 The old profile hall is given a facelift and the Schüco guides now point to a “Technology Centre”.
- 1990 The “know-how show” has a real impact on Schüco. The age of rapid prototyping begins with the commissioning of a SLA-250 stereolithographic system.
- 1988 Construction and commissioning of the ballistics test rig.
- 1986 The introduction of the first robot ushers in the robotic age.
- 1980 Construction and commissioning of the first façade test rig and the start of testing for national and international projects.
October 1999 - May 2000
- 29.05.2000 Approval of new/conversion work on the Technology Centre, the façade test rig and the acoustics test rig. Start of project TZ2001.
- October 1999 Genehmigung der Neu- und Umbaumaßnahmen für das Technologiezentrum, den Fassadenprüfstand und den Schallmeßprüfstand. Beginn des Projektes TZ2001.
- Foundations laid for the new Technology Center development.
Milestones since 2000
2000 - 2001
- June 2001 Completion of the building work.
- May 2001 Move to the new offices.
- April 2001 Purchase of new laboratory space for material and environmental simulation tests.
- February 2001 Samples workshop moved to the new site.
- Start of building conversion work to create the existing Technology Centre.
- December 2000 Completion of building work on the new “Technology Centre” project, façade test rig and acoustics test rig building shell.
- Accreditation under the terms of DIN/EN/ISO/IEC 17025 as a worlwide accepted test lab
- Reaccreditation Schüco-Technolgy-Center
- The "new" technology Centre starts its work