Unitised curtain wall with high level of cost-effectiveness, functionality as well as an attractive appearance – and façade bracket for universal load connection
The design of the Schüco Façade USC 65 (Unitised System Construction) is flexible and can be fabricated efficiently. With its all-round narrow face width of only 65 mm as well as maximum unit weights up to 500 kg, it enables large architecturally appealing façade constructions. An additional benefit: with the façade bracket made from glass fibre-reinforced plastic, loads such as solar shading systems can be connected safety and without thermal bridges. The approval is pending for this energy-efficient solution, which is free of condensation, on the basis of numerous tests.
With its three design options, Schüco USC 65 offers maximum design freedom to create highly sophisticated architecture: Schüco USC 65 F as unitised façade with framed look, Schüco USC 65 FSG in structural glazing look with horizontal or vertically arranged glazing beads.
For using opening units in unitised façades, there is a wide range of Schüco windows from the AWS to the super-insulated Schüco AWS 114 SG.SI series.
- Different lengths of insulating bar with Uf values of 1.4 W/(m²K) to 2.9 W/(m²K) for variable adjustment to different thermal insulation requirements
- Continuous narrow face width of 65 mm; glass thicknesses between 4 mm and 16 mm for single glazing and between 16 mm and 56 mm for double insulating glass
- Design variants for frame appearance and semi-structural glazing
- All opening types can be implemented – from inward-opening turn/tilt vents to outward-opening projected top-hung or parallel-opening vents
- Integration of Schüco AWS 114 as projected top-hung window or parallel-opening window: possibility of large automated window solutions incorporated in the building management system for standard and SHEVS applications
- Insert outer frame profiles for integration of the Schüco AWS window series with Schüco TipTronic fitting
- Comprehensive system tests in accordance with European and American test standards
- Burglar resistance tested in the system to RC 2
- Large unit dimensions and heavy unit weights of up to 500 kg possible
- Integration of a broad range of Schüco windows possible
- Two horizontal joint gaps for variable adjustment to different roof deflections: 10 mm to accommodate a ± 5 mm stretch and 20 mm to accommodate ± 7.5 mm stretch