Today, efficient and economical work is supported by the right software. It simplifies and accelerates work processes.
Find out more about the latest range of software from Schüco.
Plan building physics online
Here you can find the project planning program for making preliminary calculations for windows, entrance doors, sliding doors and curtain walling.
During the planning phase, this should provide you with factually correct, estimated answers to standard enquiries in day-to-day business.
You do not need to worry about updates, yet you always remain up-to-date wherever you are.
Use the tools for planning at your workplace and for consultations on site (PC or tablet).
Preliminary U value calculations (U-Cal)
- Calculation of U values for windows, entrance doors, sliding doors and curtain walling made from composite aluminium and steel profiles
- Dimensions can be calculated for all relevant unit types with Schüco window and façade systems
- Combinations of curtain walling with insert units are taken into consideration
- Database for glass and panels (can be supplemented with custom glass and panel types)
- Individual items can be aggregated in order to calculate area-weighted U values for groups
Preliminary structural calculations
- Calculation of key data for load-bearing capacity and fitness for purpose taking into account the latest Eurocodes
- Automatic adjustment to site conditions in Germany
- Takes into account the effects of wind, snow, ice, dead load and horizontal dynamic loads
- Free loads can be entered
- Different loading conditions on the building are analysed automatically and standard cross section parameters are calculated
Preliminary calculations for NSHEVS
- Calculating the aerodynamically effective area
- Calculation of the required number of vents based on size, opening type, opening direction and stroke
- selection of the required actuators
- Assignment to the valid test report
Preliminary calculations for sun shading
- Preliminary dimensioning of geometric and energy-related parameters for Schüco solar shading systems.
- Consideration of the interaction and influences of the façade orientation, room geometry, façade type and louvre blade geometry
- Dimensions can be calculated for system or project solutions
- Enables the visualisation of the shading situation during a day or during a year
- Results can be evaluated based on shading area or window area
Preliminary calculation for Schüco acoustics with SoundCal
- Fast, reliable provision of sound reduction values for complex window and façade units
- Selection of suitable glass for existing conditions on the project
- Ability to directly compare different types of glass for the respective unit
- Specification of suitable sound reduction glass for windows and façades with sound reduction
- Users can calculate the RW,Total sound reduction values for selected window and façade systems
Configurate and calculate
The DCS emergency exit door configurator software can be used to set the DCS emergency exit control and the previous version of the emergency exit control. The program has been completely revised. The Windows XP SP3, Windows 7 or Windows 8 operating system is required.
- Easy installation, automatic installation of drives - modern look & feel
- Clear, simple user guide
- Control unit is automatically identified at COM port
- Configurations can be saved / uploaded to a file
- Log can be printed out
- Multiple language versions (German / English)
- Compatible with Windows XP SP3, Windows 7 and Windows 8
The Schüco ID Professional software is a configuration and service tool for the integrated Schüco side-hung door drive (ID).
- Optimum system configuration of the Schüco integrated side-hung door drive (ID) due to fine tuning of the system parameters (movement curve, time settings etc.)
- Activation / deactivation of additional functions
- Entry of specific door data to create the required product certification in accordance with the DIN 18650 and EN 16005 standards as well as machinery guidelines
The TipTronic Professional software required to operate the bus adapter interface using a PC can be downloaded easily from here.
The software is available in the following languages: German, English, French, Italian, Dutch and Spanish.
You can use this program to make the following settings and carry out the following diagnostic functions on the windows.
- Adjust the break in travel for power management
- Monitor and change the window addresses
- Rearrange existing window addresses
- Run a new bus scan with a display of article numbers
- Change the operating mode
- Control individual motors in commissioning mode
- Adjust the maximum opening width of the chain
- Activate or deactivate the anti-turn lock for turn/tilt windows
- Display the status of the window and sensor strip
- Operate the window remotely to test functionality
- List the events for remote diagnosis
- Display the tilt and turn cycles performed
- Create a log file for documentation purposes
- Configure the group control device
Engineering Tool Automation (TipTronic SimplySmart)
The Schüco Engineering Automation Tool software allows you to manage and commission Schüco elements. You can easily control and configure Schüco elements using the software.
For programm functions, please see the
The new update is listed below and includes the following improvements:
- Latest IP Gateway version is supported
- New link "Relay message specific event exists"
- Automatic check of new software / firmware available
- Small bugfixes
Engineering Automation Tool (V 2.11.00) (zip, 141 MB)
Please use the following driver for the bus adapter interface:
Plan and construct
With SchüCad next, Schüco is presenting the next generation of CAD software for metal fabricators. The new software makes construction even more convenient, faster and more reliable for metal fabricators. SchüCad next offers a comprehensive
range of functions which are necessary for creating workshop drawings, attachments to building structure and documentation plans in daily practice. To this end, the pioneering generation of Schüco software was completely reconfigured technically and equipped with new interfaces.
Thanks to the best SchüCal integration on the market, fully compatible with ATHENA |SE and ATHENA, SchüCad next guarantees flexible data exchange. A further benefit for secure construction is that all article data is always kept up to date thanks to the self-installing online update function.
- Very user-friendly and the available options make your business faster and more reliable
- Thanks to the online update function, all the article data is always available and up-to-date
- Flexible data exchange during operation among those involved in the project through the use of the standard CAD software AutoCAD®, AutoCAD® Architecture or AutoCAD® Mechanical as a basis, as well as 100% compatibility with the leading façade planning solution ATHENA
- Integration in the SchüCal material list and calculation solution ensures flexible and fast cooperation
- Direct contact person for all products means help is provided swiftly
Section detail generation
SchüCal units in 2D or 3D can be transferred to SchüCad next via an interface. Using the CAD tools, you can create project-specific detailed drawings. The Schüco Article and Architects' Libraries facilitate the design process by using predefined profile sections and attachment conditions. SchüCad next also automatically generates detailed workshop drawings based on SchüCal.
Online Architect's Library
Thanks to the online Architects' Library, SchüCad next is always up-to-date and offers commonly used attachments to building structure for Schüco window, door, sliding, lift-and-slide and façade systems. The attachments to building structure can be easily added and further edited in SchüCad next.
Loading articles and components
Using the “Load article” command, Schüco system articles from the online Article Library can be added directly to your drawing. If the article number is not recognised, the article can be selected from a selection dialog box with profile preview. The article selection is sorted by profile series, making it easier to find the right article.
For the first time, SchüCad next offers a comprehensive components library. This includes all basic aluminium and steel profiles in accordance with DIN-EN, as well as all of the required fixing materials such as screws, nuts, washers, frame anchors, screw anchors and Halfen fixing rails. Section detail drawings can therefore be made into complete building attachment drawings quickly and easily.
CAD drawing commands for sheets/foils/insulation
SchüCad next has a number of additional drawing commands for editing detailed attachments, e.g. for drawing and editing the following:The CAD application has a number of additional drawing commands for editing detailed attachments, e.g. drawing and editing:
- Composite sheets
- Sealing/compression tape
All parameters such as material, material thickness, segment lengths, radii, samples and article numbers can be set by default or modified instantly if necessary.
The drawn objects are then called up again straightaway in the parametric editing window by double-clicking, thereby allowing subsequent changes to be implemented in a matter of seconds. All of the objects constructed in this way can be stored as favourites in your own library and used again in other constructions at the touch of a button.
Composite sheets are now also available in SchüCad next. Comprehensive manufacturer libraries are stored for these, which significantly simplify the search and use of the correct material. The article libraries, which are always kept up-to-date, automatically ensure that only the composite sheets which are actually available are used in the construction and ordered.
Experience new design freedom when creating panel and glass cross-sections with the aid of the parametric entry in the infill command. With a single command, sheet contours and glass compositions can be entered and combined. Parameters and specific properties such as coatings, infill material, edge seal, edging, etc. can be entered in layers. And, of course, subsequent changes to the parameters can be made at any time.
All of the objects constructed in this way can be stored as favourites in your own library and used again in other constructions at the touch of a button.
If only parts of a complete drawing are required, the demolition command can be used. This command automatically shortens long cuts, while automatically changing standard dimensions to demolition dimensions.
The vertical/horizontal elevation indications in a section detail can also be linked directly to the demolition dimension. These elevation indications are then automatically updated if changes are made to the demolition dimension. This accelerates work procedures for the design (section detail view) and prevents errors.
Centre of gravity and moments
With this command, the structural calculation of centres of gravity and structural moments (Ix, Iy, Wx, Wy and area) of one or more profiles is performed accurately. Based on the simple 2D profile geometry, the centre of gravity of the profiles is marked and also measured automatically. Particularly when using project-specific profiles (V8), this easy calculation of the required parameters helps to move the project work forwards quickly.
Output of profile preparation diagram (on request in conjunction with SchüCal)
All mechanical processes on a profile bar can be exported to SchüCad next. The output of the profile preparation diagram shows all the profile sides to be processed (front, back, top, bottom and ends), including the dimensions. An additional table contains descriptions of the processes, the coordinates including machining depth and the output of article numbers and article descriptions. Using the output of the profile preparation diagram, machining can be planned better and the required tools can be made available. It is also easier to carry out processes and then copy them.
Exploded drawing (on request in conjunction with SchüCal)
The output of the exploded view using SchüCad next serves as a fabrication aid for windows, doors, façades and conservatories. The exploded view supports the easy and reliable fabrication of Schüco units. It is easy to assign the position of the article in the unit. Using the item display, the following details can be obtained from the additional article table: article numbers, cutting length (if applicable), cutting angle and the number of bars. The visible fitting can also be displayed in the drawing.
CAD glass plan (on request in conjunction with SchüCal)
For retrospective CAD editing, a CAD glass/panel plan can be copied to SchüCal or S-Cad. This makes it possible to plot customised panes to a scale of 1:1 and pass them to the glass or panel supplier as a template to fabricate the customised pane.
Free design (on request in conjunction with SchüCal)
By drawing free-hand outline templates, even the most complex façade designs can be created. In SchüCad next, the axes of the profiles are defined by line graphics and assigned to the relevant purposes. This graphic information is read in SchüCal, populated with the profiles from the profile combination of the current item and a 3D unit is generated using all of the detailed illustrations. Further processing of the unit, such as dividing the fields and using insert units, is carried out in SchüCal using the tried-and-tested tools. This volume rendering can be exported back to SchüCad next. In this way, further processing, such as a realistic illustration, is easy to carry out in CAD.
Renderings (on request in conjunction with SchüCal)
Due to the many options for the rendering, such as material, light, shadows, animation etc., the 3D units from SchüCal can be displayed with photographic quality in SchüCad next. Using the extensive display options of the AEC tools for architecture (wall, roof, stairs, balustrade, load-bearing structures), it is very easy to add building data to the units. This is also the case for façade units, as well as window, door and conservatory units. It is very quick and easy to provide the customer with an impressive representation of the projects.
Help and remote maintenance
In addition to the improved software, we offer you comprehensive online help which is always up-to-date, a direct contact person and the option of remote maintenance. The built-in remote maintenance function facilitates direct support from the Schüco Service Desk.
- Besides the 3D building components for Schüco metal fabrication systems, SchüCal data interfaces for IFC and Autodesk Revit® enable data to be exchanged with other project participants.
- Project information regarding the building components can be transferred from the architect directly to the SchüCal of the metal fabricator.
- With SchüCal, the components are specified for each project, calculated and prepared for fabrication. The relevant information (e.g. component-specific U values and deadlines) can then be transferred to the architect’s digital building model.
- The building model created in this way supports all project participants in coordinating their work and making important decisions.
Here you can see the design and drawing software for working together with architects.
The finished Schüco unit is created easily, quickly and effectively – SchüCal is the time and cost-saving calculation software for processing quotations and orders as well as for job planning for Schüco window, door, façade and conservatory systems. Tailored to the different requirements of Schüco partners, the software solution is available in three configuration levels: basic, advanced and enterprise. With SchüCal, all calculation and fabrication steps can be completed to the customary high Schüco standard.
- Robust software with practical functions makes your calculations and job planning reliable
- Complete support for Schüco aluminium and steel systems with up-to-date technical and commercial data
- Time saving for estimators and engineers thanks to concurrent calculation for airborne sound reduction, statics, U value and price
- Order all the correct material for your fabrication using SchüCal. This saves time and increases profitability.
- The profile system can be changed easily due to intelligent templates
- Training, advice and service for software and fabrication from a single source
The menu ribbon allows the operation of standard units and special constructions to be accelerated and simplified. The software is operated in the same way as many office applications like Microsoft® Office or AUTODESK® products. The software also records the last selection made and suggests this next time. The price of the actual unit, including all supplements, as well as the U value and the airborne sound reduction, are permanently displayed.
Projects and items are organised simply and conveniently in the project explorer. Functions such as copying and pasting work in the same way as for Windows Explorer. Documents, output lists and CAD drawings from SchüCad next are managed centrally on the project. They can be accessed by all those involved in the project.
Preliminary structural calculation
The country-specific profile and glass statics for the preliminary structural calculation make the planning of Schüco items easier. Detailed structural information simplifies cooperation with specialist developers. The profile or glass load is already visible when selecting the article. Furthermore, the Statics mode in SchüCal makes the profile or glass load immediately visible by means of different colours.
Airborne sound reduction
The concurrent calculation for the airborne sound reduction value increases planning reliability throughout the entire planning process. This function means that a laborious search for airborne sound reduction test results is not necessary. How sound-resistant is the unit? The three noise source scenarios (car, train and plane) allow the sound reduction value to be estimated more accurately.
SchüCal offers individuality and flexibility from the creation of the quotation through to the generation of the invoice. Templates can be modified individually to suit your needs. The configurable reference line also offers flexibility with different settings available for selection. In addition, item drawings can be set individually and output as a large drawing. It is possible to store your own descriptions for Schüco articles that are used as standard when drawing up quotations.
Section detail display (optional)
The section detail display function allows for immediate visual checking of the entries. The display of profiles, glass, article numbers and dimensions gives you an overview of the design. It is also possible to generate an output using the unit overview.
Saw control (optional)
A direct interface between different saw types is generated from SchüCal. Settings from the optimisation options, e.g. the cutting sequence are taken into account. Saw control is also possible from free length optimisation.
Machine control (optional)
When processing a unit in SchüCal, it is easy to check and change the profile preparation in 3D mode. All the data on machine control is provided in an XML file. Different saw types, and for example, the profile processing centre can be controlled.
Fabrication time calculation (optional)
The fabrication time calculation enables you to illustrate the individual fabrication steps, including cost centres. You define the level of detail of the fabrication time. This saves time and increases profitability.
Cloud-based BIM viewer
Revit® and SchüCal are working even closer together. Export your units from Revit® and edit them in SchüCal. Your changes in SchüCal are imported like-for-like in Revit®. The benefit for you is 100% planning reliability. The result is visible straightaway: the Schüco unit including the exact geometry and Schüco specific parameters such as the U value, price, acoustics and other compatible BIM parameters, are imported directly to Revit and are available for further processing.
SchüCal mobile (optional)
The SchüCal App for measurements and latest information on the building site makes all the information available on site. Photos of the current attachment situation can be added or the latest partial dimensions changed directly in the mobile end device. SchüCal is automatically updated in the office through communication with the server.
SchüCal offers the option of a CAD export to Autodesk products. SchüCad allows for the sections and units to be completed with attachments to building structures. 3D constructions are processed with SchüCad Inventor. SchüCad Revit supports the digital building model (BIM) and allows for communication with architects.
CAD Software Download
You can download the Downloader for your required program version via one of the links below. Once downloaded, you can start the Downloader, configure the required version, the target folder and, if necessary, the option for “Download only”. After the dialog box has been confirmed with “OK”, the installation files are downloaded and unpacked. Depending on the option selected, the installation process starts automatically or must be triggered manually.
Please note that the “basic” configuration level of SchüCal must be installed on your computer.
Please note that AutoCAD 2019-2021 or AutoCAD Architecture 2019-2021 with ServicePack must already be installed on the computer before installing SchüCad / SchüCad next.
Please note that AutoCAD 2019-2021 or AutoCAD Architecture 2019-2021 with ServicePack must already be installed on the computer before installing ATHENA | SE.
Download Schücad Revit