Schüco Façade System AF UDC 80 SG
Dynamic unitised façade with all-glass look and a high degree of design freedom
The Schüco AF UDC 80 SG (Aluminium Façade Unitized Dynamic Construction Structural Glazing) façade system looks impressive on the outside with the expansive appearance of an all-glass façade, while on the inside its design is that of a unitised façade with face widths of only 80 mm.
As part of the Schüco AF UDC 80 system platform for aluminium unitised façades, the dynamic system with its scalable and tested assemblies offers architects, specifiers and fabricators an easy way to construct building projects with unitised constructions and a wide range of use and design options based on efficient planning and fabrication.
The flexibility with maximum system reliability facilitates optimum use of system components even for adapted, project-specific unitised façade constructions.
Another benefit is the large degree of design freedom: attractive, individual building envelopes are possible with horizontally displaceable units and accentuated with opaque areas and slanted glazing bars.
The all-glass unitised façade system combines versatility and high energy efficiency with aesthetics and maximum transparency thanks to large unit dimensions. For this, three different options are available: direct bonding, bonding by means of adapter profiles and bonding with glass replacement frames.
Large-scale insert units are possible as projected top-hung or parallel-opening windows with the Schüco AWS 114 SG (Structural Glazing) window system. The design with stepped insulating glass ensures seamless integration in the façade, while the unitised construction also guarantees efficient fabrication and installation.
- A diverse range of options and a large selection of tested system components allow for maximum transparency and design flexibility, even for project-related unitised façade constructions, e.g. via opaque units and a transparent spandrel safety barrier
- Can be designed in three different options: direct bonding, bonding by means of adapter profiles or bonding with glass replacement frames
- Possible designs include arranging units that are flexibly offset horizontally, as well as angled glazing bar profiles in the unit
- Load-bearing profiles and mitred fabrication guarantee high unit stability for large wind loads for use in multi-storey buildings and skyscrapers
- Options include a large selection of opening units, combinations with Schüco window and door systems and the integration of Schüco AWS 114 SG (Structural Glazing) as a projected top-hung window or parallel-opening window for standard and SHEVS applications
- Horizontal butt joints, with the option of different expansion compensation in the gasket system