Schüco TropTec SC 50 SG.NI
Aluminium mullion/transom façade system with insert units
The Schüco TropTec SC 50 SG.NI structural glazing aluminium façade system can convince with its outstanding design offering an all-glass look on the outside with slender profiles of only 50 mm on the inside. The highly resilient mullion/transom construction combines energy efficency, flexibility and efficient fabrication. The special requirements of markets with tropical climates have been incorporated into the structural glazing façade system, which makes it perfect in regions with high wind loads and torrential rain.
Compatible with Schüco TropTec façade insert units
Two different outward-opening, projected top-hung windows can fulfil almost every requirement of any façade project: The Schüco TropTec AW 48.NI insert unit provides a good basis for standard sizes with common fittings whereas the Schüco TropTec AW 58.NI is perfectly suitable for sophisticated façade projects with highest demands.
Mullion/transom façade with all-glass look
The Schüco TropTec SC 50 SG.NI aluminium façade system provides several options for different façade designs: The modern and elegant structural glazing (SG) design creates an all-glass look on the outside whereas the attractive semi structural glazing option with horizontal or vertical cover caps and a fresh and different design stands out from standard façade solutions.The fully tested and certified system provides peace of mind for the customer and fulfills even the highest demands. High flexibility, a variety of system options and the seamless integration of insert units complete the comprehensive façade system.
Features of Schüco TropTec SC 50 SG.NI
- Non-insulated all-glass aluminium mullion/transom façade system
- Exclusive design due to minimal face widths of 50 mm and straightforward profile geometries
- Intelligent glass fixing cleats without strctural bonding on-site
- System solution for large dimensions and glass loads up to 300 kg in ground floor
- Fully suitable façade attachment solution
- Reliablity and water tightness (720 Pa) due to overlapping drainage principle and three drainage levels
- Convincing structural performance levels due to high wind load resistance (2650 Pa)
- Good airborne sound insulation with standard insulating glass
Efficient assembly and installation
The Schüco TropTec SC 50 SG.NI mullion/transom façade provides innovative assembly options which allows an efficient and hasslefree installation of glass on the construction site. Due to a newly developed glass mounting device no structural bonding is necessary on site, which reduces construction times and improves the overall quality. The flexible façade systems can house both single and double glazing with a variety of glass thicknesses. All components of the façade systems are tested in accordance with European or rather American test criteria and standards.
Options of Schüco TropTec SC 50 SG.NI
- Flexible system with attachment detail solutions and different interface options
- Possibility to integrate Schüco TropTec AW 48.NI / AW 58.NI insert units
- Large variety of mullion/transom depths to offer the most economical solution for every requirements
- Wet and dry sealing options for the best looking result in all cases
- Horizontal or vertical emphasis with aluminium cover caps
- Several assembly and installation options to suit every customer‘s requirements
- Customizable design with interchangeable cover caps
- Single glass thickness 5–6 mm
- Insulating glass thickness 22–24 mm
Seamless integration of insert units
The Schüco TropTec AW 48.NI and AW 58.NI aluminium façade insert units have been specially developed for markets with tropical climates as outward-opening projected top-hung windows. The insert units can be seamlessly integrated into the Schüco TropTec SC 50 SG.NI mulllion/ transom façade system. A small number of components with comprehensively tested and certified system features offer a high level of quality.
Features of Schüco TropTec AW 48.NI / AW 58.NI
- Non-insulated aluminium façade insert units as outward-opening projected tophung windows
- Attractive design due to full integration into the framed look of the façade and narrow vent frame widths
- Maximum vent sizes up to 1500 x 2000 mm
- Maximum vent weights up to 150 kg
- Wind load resistance up to 2650 Pa
- Watertightness in accordance with façade system testing
- Choice between single glass (only AW 48.NI) and insulating glass
Insert units to suit every requirement
The new Schüco TropTec AW 48.NI and AW 58.NI insert units provide German engineering at local market prices. Both units can be equipped with double insulating glass. Alternatively, the Schüco TropTec AW 48.NI insert unit can also be installed with single glazing. Vent weights of up to 150 kg are possible. There are various locking options to be selected from depending on market requirements, wind loads and the size of the unit. Due to minimal face widths on the inside and the seamless integration on the outside, both insert units can be perfectly combined with the Schüco TropTec SC 50 SG.NI mullion/transom façade system.
Options of Schüco TropTec AW 48.NI / AW 58.NI
- Wide range of fittings for different vent sizes and weights
- Optional corner drives for locking on three sides (AW 58.NI)
- Cockspur and espagnolette handles for basic fittings option (AW 48.NI)
- Various opening angles with optional limiting stay
- Night ventilation feature for more efficient night cooling of the building
- Single glass thickness 5-8 mm
- Insulating glass thickness 22-32 mm
Schüco TropTec SC 50 SG.NI (pdf, 265 KB)